Sunday, February 21, 2010

Belated Valentines

My parents were in town last weekend over Valentine's day, so Luke took me out to celebrate today. He surprised me by planning a trip to "All Fired Up" a local pottery painting place.

I painted a mug for him that he can keep at work. It's upside down (obviously) because I had just painted the bottom. I chose to paint it in Michigan colors because that's Luke's college team. You can see a little bit of marker where I wrote out the letters first...that will burn off in the kiln.
There's a story behind Luke's choice. A few months ago I broke our salt shaker when I knocked it out of the cabinet and it crashed on the counter. Last week I went to Belk to get a new set of shakers (that match our dishes), but they were gonna be $32...and that was 30% off!! Needless to say, we decided not to get them. When we were choosing our pottery, Luke chose the salt and pepper shakers as soon as he saw them. The salt shaker he painted as Michigan and the pepper shaker is painted as UGA (since those are our two teams). This was Luke's first time painting pottery, but he's such a good drawer I knew he would do better than me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment