Monday, July 19, 2010

Homemade Baby Food!!

We waited a little longer than the standard 4-6 months age range to introduce solid foods to Jack. We've learned that it helps with allergies later in life the longer you wait to introduce food to a baby. Since Luke has allergies, we decided to wait.
I've been really excited about making my own baby food for Jack for 2 reasons. 1) It's much cheaper than buying baby food. 2) I know exactly what's going in his little tummy. So far I've used a food grinder to make Jack's baby food (since he's only been eating a little food).

Now that he's starting to eat more solids, I made my first batch of baby food today. It was really easy! And I made carrots and apples (and posted this blog) during his afternoon nap! I only have 2 ice cube trays to store the food in (until it freezes and I can put it in baggies). I have some more carrots that I need to freeze once these are ready to be moved to bags.

It's SUPER cost effecient! Store bought baby food is so expensive! The apples I actually got from my parents. They were visiting this past weekend and left some (4) behind....so those cost me nothing. And I bought the carrots for a couple of bucks. Just think how much all that baby food would've cost me at the store!

No comments:

Post a Comment