Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sleeping!!

Several posts ago, I told you about a sleep technique that I was going to try with Jack. We haven't been as consistent as we should have been due to vacations and visitors. But I have to brag about last night...it was the best night so far!
Jack went to bed around 8:45 pm. Woke up at 4:30, but went right back to sleep after I gave him his paci. Woke up at 7:20 am; ate 1.5 oz. I sat in the glider next to his crib to see what he'd do (of course he couldn't see me!). He dozed off for about 10 minutes, then played quietly in his crib until 8:20, when he got up for the day! (The whole sleep training thing is that they should sleep or rest quietly in their crib for 12 hours at night).

On a side note, Jack went for his 6 month checkup yesterday. He got 4 shots, including a half dose of the H1N1 vaccine (he'll get the other half in a month). Here are his new stats:

Height: 27.5 in (75%)
Weight: 16 lbs. 11 oz (50%)

Jack is growing up so fast! His newest trick is getting up on his hands and knees. I've even caught him rocking back and forth a few times! I think he'll probaby be crawling within a couple of weeks....I don't know if I'm ready for him to be that mobile yet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment