Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Completed dresser and Nursery beginnings

Here's a couple pictures of the dresser! It's finally finished!! Luke did a WONDERFUL job on it. We are both really happy with the way that it turned out.

Proof that I did some work on the dresser ... I put the knobs on! Luke always jokes on me because I wear my coat around the house - even when I'm not cold :)

Luke with the finished product!

Tonight, Luke started work on the nursery (you can see my last post to see what the plans are for the room). He had to rip out all the baseboards to start with. Luke cut all of the wood tonight. Next, he will start priming the wood, then mounting it on the wall.

One of the corners after Luke took out the baseboards:
The same corner with 1 x 4 instead of baseboards (the wood will eventually be white):

Another wall with the wood on the bottom:

Luke cutting the wood outside. Too bad it gets dark at like 6:00!
This picture kinda gives you the idea for what the wainescoating will look like. There will be a horizonal board on top and bottom and vertical boards spaced throughout the room. It will all be painted white.
This picture gives you an idea for how high the wainescoating will be in the room.

3 comments:

  1. cool! good job luke (and laura)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, i wear my coat around the house a lot too! It's like a security blanket or something. :) Or maybe it's because I like feeling snuggled up, who knows! Can't wait to see the finished nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this link on your facebook so I thought I would take a look, great job on the dresser. Congrats on your little one! Have a great day
    -Michelle Halbert

    ReplyDelete